Establishing a Designated Fund allows you to support the good work of a specific nonprofit organization. Because it’s given through your community foundation, your gift provides the organization you select not only funding, but planned giving and investment management services and the power of endowment.
How it works
• You identify an organization that you wish to benefit.
• You make a gift to your community foundation — you can give cash, appreciated stocks,
real estate, or other assets.
• We set up a special fund in your name or in the name of the nonprofit organization
• You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
• Our board issues grants to the designated nonprofit organization.
• We handle all the administrative details, including managing specific qualifications that
you may establish for grant disbursements.
• You receive updates on the impact the fund is making.
• Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your
fund are used to make grants addressing community needs. Your gift — and all future
earnings from your gift — is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do
good work forever.
A Designated Fund provides you a wonderful way to give back to one or more specific
organizations that have touched your life. Your gift provides more than just funding —
your favorite organization will benefit from your community foundation’s investment
stewardship and ability to manage endowment funds. Because your community
foundation handles the details, the nonprofit organization’s staff is freed up to focus
on its mission. And, the community foundation can facilitate even the most complex
forms of giving, such as planned gifts or gifts of appreciated stock or real estate.
You can add to the fund at any time. If the organization you select ceases to exist or
changes in mission, the fund can be redirected so that it continues to address your
HCCF Designated Funds
- - Administrative Endowment Fund of the Foundation
- - Dr. Edward & Alice Steinhardt Sacred Heart Church Fund
- - NEW Dwight Gascho Leadership Fund
- - Elkton Pigeon Bay Port Laker Schools Fine Arts/Academic Fund
- - Harbor Beach Hospital Foundation Fund
- - Harbor Beach Lighthouse Preservation Society Fund
- - Harbor Beach Pirates Endowment Fund
- - Hatchet Fund
- -Huron County Dolly Parton Imagination Library Fund
- - Huron County Homeless Solutions Endowment Fund
- - Huron County Nature Center Fund
- - Huron County Parks Fund
- - Huron County Safe Place Fund
- - Laker Legacy Fund
- - Madeline Bauer Huron Area Tech Center Fund
- - Pointe Aux Barques Lighthouse Fund
- - Saginaw Basin Land Conservancy Fund
- - NEW Thumb Industries Fund
- - Ubly Bearcats Endowment Fund