Donor Advised Fund
Donor Advised Funds allow donors to participate in the selection of grant recipients by advising the Foundation during the selection process. This is a popular type of fund because it allows a donor and their family to actively participate in community philanthropy. Like a private foundation, without all the work.
How it works
• You make a gift to a Donor Advised Fund at HCCF — you can give cash, appreciated stocks,
real estate, or other assets.
• We set up a special fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor
of any person or organization you choose.
• You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
• You recommend uses for the fund — working with our program staff to
support the causes and organizations you care about most, or consult our team on current community needs.
• Your recommendations are presented to the Foundation board for approval.
• We handle all the administrative details and issue grants to charities in the name of the
fund you establish (if you prefer, grants can be made anonymously).
• Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your
fund are used to make grants addressing community needs. Your gift — and all future
earnings from your gift — is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good
Donor Advised Funds are convenient, flexible tools for individuals, families, businesses,
or groups that want to be personally involved in suggesting grant awards made possible
by their gifts. If you have a range of community interests, you may find that it’s an ideal
vehicle for fulfilling your charitable wishes. Donor Advised Funds offer similar benefits as
private and family foundations without the administrative and cost burden.
Your gift can be combined with others to increase its impact, and you can add to the
fund you establish at any time, receiving tax benefits with each new gift. You can
establish a fund today and make grant recommendations now or in the future. And if
you endow your gift, it becomes a permanent community funding resource.
HCCF Donor Advised Funds
- Charles and Judith Weeks Fund
- Dennis M Hagen Memorial Fund
- NEW Gene & Mary Holdwick Family Memorial Fund
- John D. Pridnia Community Service Fund
- Lewie & Jannette Knoblock Fund
- Northstar Fund
- NEW Pointe Aux Barques Donor Advised Fund
-The Price Family Fund
- Tom Gettel Memorial Fund (Pass Through)