Donor Advised Fund
Opening a Donor Advised Fund allows you to make a gift to your community foundation, then remain actively involved in suggesting uses for your gift.
How it works
• You make a gift to your community foundation — you can give cash, appreciated stocks,
real estate, or other assets.
• We set up a special fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor
of any person or organization you choose.
• You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
• You recommend uses for the fund — working with our professional program staff to
support the causes and organizations you care about most.
• Your recommendations are presented to our community foundation board for approval.
• We handle all the administrative details and issue grants to charities in the name of the
fund you establish (if you prefer, grants can be made anonymously).
• Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your
fund are used to make grants addressing community needs. Your gift — and all future
earnings from your gift — is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good
Donor Advised Funds are convenient, flexible tools for individuals, families, businesses,
or groups that want to be personally involved in suggesting grant awards made possible
by their gifts. If you have a range of community interests, you may find that it’s an ideal
vehicle for fulfilling your charitable wishes. Donor Advised Funds are typically less
costly and easier to administer than other forms of philanthropic giving (such as family
or corporate foundations).
Your gift can be combined with others to increase its impact, and you can add to the
fund you establish at any time, receiving tax benefits with each new gift. You can
establish a fund today and make grant recommendations now or in the future. And if
you endow your gift, it becomes a permanent community funding resource.
HCCF Donor Advised Funds
- Charles and Judith Weeks Fund
- Dennis M Hagen Memorial Fund
- NEW Gene & Mary Holdwick Family Memorial Fund
- John D. Pridnia Community Service Fund
- Lewie & Jannette Knoblock Fund
- Northstar Fund
-The Price Family Fund
- Tom Gettel Memorial Fund (Pass Through)