Field of Interest Funds
By establishing a Field of Interest Fund, you can target your gift to address needs in an important area of community life. Arts. AIDS. Aging. At-risk youth. Our board awards grants to community organizations and programs that are making a difference in the area you select. Your gift stays flexible enough to meet community needs in your interest area — even as they change over time.
How it works
• You identify an area of personal interest as broad or narrow as you wish.
• You make a gift to your community foundation during your lifetime or through a
bequest in your will. You can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
• We set up a special fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in
honor of any person or organization you choose.
• You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
• Our professional program staff evaluates needs in your area of interest that would be
most impacted by grants from your gift.
• Our board issues grants in the name of the fund you establish (if you prefer, grants can
be made anonymously).
• We handle all the administrative details.
• Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your
fund are used to make grants addressing community needs. Your gift — and all future
earnings from your gift — is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do
good work forever.
While you direct the Field of Interest Fund you establish from its creation, the
maintenance is left up to us. Our professional program staff continually monitors
changing community needs so that you can be sure grants made in the name of the
fund make the most impact in your field of interest and create your personal legacy
You can add any amount to the Field of Interest Fund you establish at any time — and
so can others who share your interests in community. If you endow your gift, it
becomes a permanent community funding resource.
HCCF Field of Interest Funds
- Amy Reinke Deer Safe Driving Fund
- Arts & Culture
- Education, Reading & Literacy
- NEW Harold & Carolyn Robison Foundation Fund
- Health & Medical
- Huron County Economic Development Fund
- Huron Medical Center Fund
- Huron Natural Areas Preservation Fund
- NEW Joan Hanson Memorial Fund
- NEW Paul F. Streussnig Sr. - Murphy's Bakery Fund for Bad Axe
- Pigeon Community Fund
- Recreation Resources
- Youth - YAC