Field of Interest Funds
Field of Interest Funds allow a donor to select a particular area of emphasis, such as education, art, recreation, etc., and then available grant dollars from that fund will be dedicated to addressing the most pressing issues within that field of interest.
How it works
• You identify an area of personal interest(s).
• You make a gift to your community foundation during your lifetime or through a
bequest in your will. You can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate, or other assets.
• We set up a special fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in
honor of any person you choose.
• You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
• Our professional program staff evaluates needs in your area of interest that would be
most impacted by grants from your gift.
• Our board issues grants in the name of the fund you establish (if you prefer, grants can
be made anonymously).
• We handle all the administrative details.
• Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your
fund are used to make grants addressing community needs. Your gift — and all future
earnings from your gift — is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do
good work forever.
While you select the area of emphasis while creating the fund, the administration and maintenance responsibilities are handled by the Foundation. Our staff and board continually monitor
changing community needs so that you can be sure grants made in the name of the
fund make the most impact in your field of interest and create your personal legacy
You can add any amount to the Field of Interest Fund you establish at any time — and
so can others who share your interests in community. If you endow your gift, it
becomes a permanent community funding resource.
HCCF Field of Interest Funds
- Amy Reinke Deer Safe Driving Fund
- Arts & Culture
- Education, Reading & Literacy
- NEW Harold & Carolyn Robison Foundation Fund
- Health & Medical
- Huron County Economic Development Fund
- Huron Medical Center Fund
- Huron Natural Areas Preservation Fund
- NEW Joan Hanson Memorial Fund
- NEW Paul F. Streussnig Sr. - Murphy's Bakery Fund for Bad Axe
- Pigeon Community Fund
- Recreation Resources
- Youth - YAC