Innovative Community Enhancement Grants
Have pride in your community? Have a innovative idea that shows & shares that pride?
Enter to win up to $500 to put your idea into action! This initiative has been formed to
support small impactful projects and programs aimed at enhancing and engaging
communities. The strongest proposals will demonstrate creativity and innovation.
Inspired by immense community pride found in Huron County, the Huron County
Community Foundation is awarding multiple grants to projects that demonstrate and share
that pride. Examples of projects include displays of public art, the beautification of a vacant lot, a public
performance, sidewalk chalking, planning a community day of service, starting a new summer youth
program... the possibilities are endless!
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
1. Have an idea.
2. Submit that idea by completing a short application (found above) along with one picture/visual
representation of your idea.
3. If your idea meets the qualifications, it will be unveiled at the Foundation's Annual
Celebration. You will be able to represent your idea in person.
4. Ideas and photos will be posted for voting, so get everyone you know to vote for your
idea on the Foundation's Facebook page.
5. If your idea is one of the top vote-getters, you receive up to $500 to enhance your
THE REST OF THE DETAILS
• Grants up to $500 will be awarded for projects that enhance your community.
Submitted programs/projects must be for the benefit of Huron County citizens and
not for personal or business benefit. Grant dollars awarded are to be used to
complete the proposed project.
• This includes new projects or programs, program enhancement within the scope of
work or expansion of an already existing project.
• Any individual, business, or non-profit organization is eligible to apply. Only one
application per individual, business, or non-profit organization, please.
- Find the application form above
-Complete form which includes a 300 character project description.
- Include one photo or illustration depicting your project in jpg format.
• Simply e-mail: email@example.com or mail: HCCF, PO Box 56 Bad Axe, MI 48413
DATES TO REMEMBER
• Monday, March 16th 2015, 5pm is Grant Deadline.
• Monday, April 20th - Voting will begin at noon.
• Friday, May 1st - Voting will conclude at midnight.
• April 17th, 6pm - Presentation opportunity at the HCCF Annual Celebration:
Port Austin Kayak & Bicycle Rental.
• Friday, May 8th - Winning applicants will be notified and may be asked for more in
depth information on the project.
THE FINE PRINT
All grant application entries become the property of the HCCF and applications meeting the
required criteria will be voted on by the public via the Foundation’s Facebook page
(www.facebook.com/huroncountycf). The HCCF will post the Project Description (300
characters) and photo/illustration depicting your project. Each “Like” received for that project
will count as one (1) vote, so encourage your supporters to “Like” your photo! There is a
limit of one (1) vote per Facebook account per project. The project ideas with the most
votes will receive funding. Please note that the HCCF reserves the right not to publish
applications that do not meet grant guidelines. As with all of our grants, decisions are
subject to HCCF Board of Trustees’ approval.